News: NOW HIRING- Kid's Club Childcare Counselor
|8/31/2020 12:00:00 AM
||Nicole Welch, Recreation Director
Buxton Recreation is looking to add a few more friendly faces to our childcare team! We offer a flexible schedule, which is great for high school and college students! This is a part time/seasonal position and follows the school calendar.
Kid's Club: Mondays-Tuesdays from 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Before Care: Mondays-Thursdays from 6:45 AM - 8:30 AM
After Care: Mondays-Thursdays from 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM
FOUR WAYS TO APPLY:
2. Email resume to Nicole Welch, Recreation Director, at email@example.com.
3. Complete Town of Buxton General Application and return it to the Buxton Recreation Department. Applications can be found at buxtonrec.com
, or at the recreation department (174 Portland Road, Buxton)
Please direct any questions to Nicole Welch, Recreation Director, 207-929-8381.
Nature and Variety of Work:
The person in this position is responsible for providing safe, positive, interactive, and enjoyable out-of-school time experiences for children in grades K-5. This work involves having the ability to take direction, take charge, be flexible, and have good judgement skills. Childcare staff are required to be with the children at all times.
Responsibility and Supervisory Relationships:
All Childcare Counselors are directly responsible to the Recreation Supervisor, and ultimately report to the Recreation Director. Counselors are encouraged to seek guidance from Senior Staff Members.
Desirable experience and training:
- Childcare Counselors should be at least 17 years of age, or show examples of significant leadership or youth program experience.
- Possess an understanding of age appropriate activities and behavior management techniques for children in grades K-5.
- Hold current CPR and First Aid Certifications
Essential Job Functions
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work mornings and afternoons Monday through Friday, depending on the needs and demands of the program.
- Must be able to use good judgement skills.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach for participation in physical activities.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to implement projects and programs effectively within a group of 2-12 children.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service to parents and children.
Childcare Counselor Duties:
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions, as well as complete all required online trainings.
- Ensure all children, and the environments that they occupy, are safe
- Plan/Implement activities and events as instructed by their supervisor.
- Report any accidents, injuries, and incidences to the supervisor and immediately fill out appropriate paperwork.
- Observe all participant activity, taking note of children’s behaviors and interactions.
- Adhere to duties and responsibilities assigned by their supervisor.
- Be accountable for all equipment, including making sure it is being used in an appropriate manner.
Recreation Supervisor or Recreation Director.
- Bring and suspicions of abuse or neglect of a child to the attention of the
- Greet parents and children with a smile.
- Respectfully work alongside school staff.
- Participate in games and activities; Interact with children.
- Be a positive role model.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors in variable weather conditions and temperatures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general ratio and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties required. This job description may be changed, at any time, at the sole discretion of the Town of Buxton to provide for the changing needs of the community.
- Work is performed in a moderate to considerably noisy environment.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.50 per hour
Staff are required to wear masks while at work. Staff will complete a Wellness Check upon arrival of their shift.